If you are considering the purchase of a new juice extractor, chances are you already realize the importance this appliance can have on your health. Many people know that they need to increase their intake of fruits and vegetables, and even those who feel like they already eat healthy realize that getting adequate levels of these important foods can sometimes be quite difficult.
There has been a lot of research and many studies which all confirm the health benefits of juicing and many of us simply do not want to miss the opportunity of providing these benefits to ourselves as well as our families. Juicing offers an excellent way to get the most nutrients from fruits, vegetables and leafy greens, such as wheatgrass. However, juicing should not be considered an alternative to eating healthy, but merely a supplement to a healthy diet that is unable to consume enough of these foods on a daily basis.
When it comes to juicing, the first thing you need to consider is the type of juice extractor you will need. There are a lot of different juicers, all claiming to offer the best technology or some other fancy feature, but finding the one that is right for you means getting beyond the hype and understanding the basics of a good juice extractor. Some of the most popular juice extractors are offered by Breville, Omega, Champion, Jack LaLanne Juicer, Braun and Green Star, these companies all offer excellent juice machines and a product you can rely on.
Some of the important factors you will want to consider in choosing a good juice extractor include:
- The juice machine needs to be easy to clean. If the juicer has a lot of parts or unnecessary accessories it can be a hassle to use and cleaning can be difficult. If this is the case, the juicer will probably sit in a cabinet and never be used.
- The juicer needs to be powerful enough that it can easily handle juicing larger pieces of fruits or vegetables without bogging down or needing to have the pulp emptied all the time.
- Juice extractors tend to be quite loud, but there are models which are known to be much quieter than others. This can be very beneficial for anyone who likes to juice early in the morning without waking up everyone in the house.
- Many people are discovering the remarkable benefits of drinking wheatgrass juice, but wheatgrass can be one of the most difficult things to juice. Not every juice extractor can handle the demands of juicing wheat grass, so if wheatgrass juice is one of your objectives you need to be sure that the juicer machine you choose can stand up to wheatgrass, spinach and other types of leafy greens without getting bogged down. It is possible to find a dedicated wheatgrass juicer, which can be very helpful for this task, but it is not necessary, especially when you are just starting out.
- Versatility is another important factor when considering a juicer machine. We’ve already discussed the benefits of having a juicer machine that can handle wheatgrass, but some people don’t realize that juicing carrots and apples can be quite different than juicing oranges and lemons. If you do not want to have to purchase a separate citrus juicer, you will want to be sure the juice extractor you choose can juice citrus fruits as well.
In conclusion, the best juice extractor is the one you will use. Consider the factors that are most important for your needs as well as your budget and get the best juicer your money can buy.